ActionAid Uganda is looking to recruit a suitably qualified, self-driven, result oriented, dynamic and competent person who is willing to share in the Vision and aspirations of our 5th Strategy, to join the team as Manager-Impact Assessment and Shared Learning (IASL)
Job Role: Provide technical and professional expertise in the development, review, documentation and implementation of systems for monitoring, evaluation and learning of the AAU Programme and projects in line with ALPS, AAI/U M&E framework and other Organisational policies and procedures
Person Specifications Qualifications:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Science Degree in Statistics, or Development Studies or any Social Science discipline, A postgraduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management or Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
A minimum of six (6) years of similar experience from a reputable Organisation three (3) of these should have been at management level. Three years’ experience in creating and leading the implementation of MEL systems for NGO. Demonstrated experience in using STATA, SPSS, Epi info, MIS
Monitoring and Evaluation and learning skills; Gender and power analysis; Data analysis and reporting skills; Report writing and presentation skills; M&E systems management and utilisation; Ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal methods; Good knowledge of principles and correct approaches to monitoring and evaluation in development Programmes using both quantitative and qualitative methods; Excellent oral and written skills; Transformative feminist leadership skills; Project Planning and Management; Coordinating and controlling of Programmes; Ability to establish critical working relationships; Ability to promote and safeguard AAU policies.
Key Result Areas
- LEARNING AND KNOWLEDGE SHARING: Develop, review and plan for annual learning and knowledge sharing for AAU. in line with open information policy and other Organisational policies and procedures
- COMPLIANCE ENFORCEMENT: Monitor and enforce Action Aid Uganda, staff and partners compliance to ALPS, M&E requirements and AAU policies, procedures, and guidelines
- DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTING: Lead and provide technical assistance in documentation and reporting of AAU’s work for profile building and shared learning
- EMPLOYEE RELATIONS AND STAFF MANAGEMENT: Supervise, motivate, coach, and build the capacity of in line with the HR policy and other Organisational procedures
- MONITORING AND REPORTING: Coordinate the implementation, monitoring of and reporting on the AAU corporate systems and the strategy of knowledge management.
- PROGRAMME IMPACT ASSESSMENT: Oversee Programme monitoring review, documentation, evaluations and sharing of impact from LRPs with internal, national, and external stakeholders
HOW TO APPLY: Send your application (Cover letter, CV, and certified academic documents) strictly by email to Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org, clearly addressed to The Director Human Resource/Organizational Effectiveness, ActionAid Uganda, Plot number 2514/2515 Ggaba Road, P.O Box 676 Kampala, by Sunday 11th October 2020
Due to large number of applications, we will respond to ONLY shortlisted candidates for interviews.
Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified WOMEN are especially encouraged to apply. ActionAid International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.